Morning Thump Raga, ride to Panchakuta Basadi, Kambadahalli village


One of my biggest fear riding a Royal Enfield is having a breakdown, luckily it has never happened so far and I wish it stays that way.

I make sure I service the bike few days before the ride, to get comfortable with it and fix minor issues that prop up a day or two before the ride.

Ride to Kambadahalli gave me a nervous moment, though I had dropped the bike on Wednesday, I got it back only on Friday evening 8 pm. If that wasn’t enough the horn wasn’t working and I was having some trouble with the LED as well. Having noticed the horn and LED issue, I went back to my mechanic and got the horn and LED fixed.
On returning home began inspecting the bike further the LED’s were giving me trouble again, but I could ride without them.

It need not be said that it is extremely difficult to sleep before a ride, I woke up at 4 am and was on the road at 5, the moment I hit the ORR I noticed the speedometer wasn’t working. Now I was a bit more nervous and thought to myself no LED’s, speedometer is not working and the horn ehh it is responding for now? All wiring issues Great!

As I waited for two rail engines to cross the HMT rail crossing, the voice in my head grew stronger “Let’s head back” but the spirit to ride led me to the starting point. Met fellow riders, exchanged morning pleasantries and we began thumping.



On turning left at Nelamangala, began picking up speed only to be slowed later by mystic morning fog, as visibility reached less than a 200 mts had to reduce my speed open the visor and got to enjoy the chill droplets of water refreshing my face.



The experience of riding in the fog was exhilarating, all I could see was the tail light of the rider in front and the dim headlight glow of the rider behind, with utmost consciousness and thrill I navigated my way through the fog and a few minutes later we halted at the breakfast point Hotel Mayura on the Hassan state highway.
As I moved in fellow riders began living their childhood days sitting on the see-saw and spinning on the wheel. We ordered crispy hot vada’s along with idly, dosa and coffee.


Next stop Kambadahalli – we moved off the highway and rode in the narrow roads of villages and finally reached the ancient temple town.




There is something about villages, life seems better, they don’t have to deal with the early morning traffic, a strong community and folks who are hopefully more content with life than us who live in the city. I interacted with some local boys who shared some insight to the temple and its restoration process.



We spent about 30 min exploring the temple, admiring the architecture the skill of the artisans who with a chisel and hammer, were able to construct such smooth and spherical pillars.



The IBRians then gathered at probably the main hall, congratulating the new admins and getting introduced to new riders. Upcoming ride plans were shared and a few minutes later we were off to ride again.
























It was a short and smooth ride, the horn worked when it was required and later in the afternoon when I visited the mechanic realized the speedometer wire was loose and it was a 10 second job to fix it.

Saurabh Seth

Image courtesy: Akthar bhai, Udayshankar sir




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Make a resolution

Why I paid by Cash

The journey so far